Massage Therapy is the perfect compliment to any wellness program and works hand in hand with chiropractic care in balancing the body. At ChiroHealth, our State of Michigan licensed massage therapists are trained in a variety of massage therapy techniques and here to serve you. Conveniently located NE of Grand Rapids, we proudly serve the Rockford, Belmont, Ada, Comstock Park, Grand Rapids, and more of the greater West Michigan area.
Massage Therapy is thought to be the oldest form of medical therapy performed on the human body and dates back nearly five thousand years. Often practiced as a way to heal a variety of ailments, massage therapy is a great way to relieve stress, can improve circulation, assists in reducing chronic pain, aids to rehabilitate injuries, and alleviates the symptoms of many medical conditions.
Our Massage Therapists
- Dustin Cosier, LMT
- Tabatha Kopp, LMT
- Jennifer Boodt, LMT
- Erika Jaworowicz, LMT
- Lisa Leeman, LMT (Fill In)
Our Massage Techniques
- Therapeutic Massage – Therapeutic massage involves the manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm, and stress. Therapeutic massage is used to promote health and wellness.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Deep Tissue massage is a goal-oriented massage, where our massage therapist may use his/her forearms, elbows or thumbs to apply pressure. Deep tissue massage can be used in conjunction with Swedish massage to loosen the muscles in a specfic area,or by itself for a mini-target session.
- Hot Rock Massage – Our version of the patented hot rock massage utilizes smooth, volcanic, basalt stones to break muscle spasms with heat. The hot rocks, coupled with the application of gentle, gliding strokes to the feet and body, eases tension and stress. Our hot rock massage is a great choice for those unaccustomed to massage and a wonderful variation for those who are regulars.
- Swedish Massage – Swedish massage utilizes a firm but gentle pressure and employs five different movements; long, gliding strokes, kneading, friction, tapping, and vibration. Swedish massage is known to improve circulation, ease muscle aches and tension, improve flexibility, and create relaxation.
- Sports Massage – Sports massage is designed to help athletes prepare their bodies for optimal performance, recover after a big event, or function well during training. Our sports massages are designed to stimulate circulation of blood, relieve muscle tension, and increase range of motion.
Massage Packages Available
We encourage you to contact us and schedule your massage today. To learn more about any of our certified massage therapists and their massage specialties, please explore their pages linked above.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Massage appointment times include patient and room prep.